Sunday 4 January 2009

Christmas

One of the differences with living in France to the UK is Christmas holidays, in the UK most industry's closes down for the holidays, usually running from the 24th of December till the 2nd of January, the French prefer to take there holidays when the suns shining, makes sense to me, so Christmas holidays are just the two main days, Christmas day and New Years Day.
I've not been well, I've got a virus, started on my Birthday, I thought I had a cold as Paul and Mike had a had a touch of man flu so didn't bother visiting the Doctors, I just bought some medication from the chemist, but after Christmas came and went I still wasn't well, I had a cough, a sore throat and I was being sick, I didn't eat a lot and no alcohol, NO ALCOHOL, that shows how ill I was.


Christmas day menu;
Aperitifs
Oysters
Salmon and Prawns
Roast Goose (home produced) with sausage stuffing
Carrots, Roast parsnips, roast potatoes
Cheese and Salad
Chocolate Christmas log
Coffee.

Wine;
Cava
Cotes de Provence (1998)
Sauternes (1999)

New Years Eve, our neighbours Franck, Nadette, Mike and Violaine came for dinner, I was able to eat and have a little to drink so I'm on the mend, but still not completely cured.

Menu
Aperitifs
Oysters
Coquel St Jaques
Roast Lamb (home produced) Roast pork.
Carrots, peas and roast potatoes.
Cheese and Salad
La galette des Rois ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_cake )

Wine
Rose d' Anjou (2007)
Saint Julien de Septime Corbières (2000)
Pol Remy Mousseux


No comments: